Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Swim Class

Emily and I took our first swim class together today. I signed her up for 5 weeks of the shrimp class. We go for 30 minutes once a week. I didn't know what to expect today, but hoped that she wouldn't spend the whole time crying and clinging to me. She did really well! She is the only girl in her class and there were 2 boys in there who did scream and cling to their moms the whole time . . . so if she had decided to cry we would have been in good company : ) She did cry some here and there, but we got thru all the little things our teacher had us try, and most of the time she laughed and had fun. At the end he allowed those that wanted to try to go down a small kiddie slide into the pool where the instructor caught them and let them go under water for a split second and Emily was one of them!!! We go back next Wednesday morning. Here she is in her outfit before we left the house this morning:

I don't know if it was the trauma from the swim class or what, but for the rest of the day she wouldn't let me out of her sight. She cried when it was time for her nap and cried when she went to bed tonight. She is the easiest sleeper in the world but wanted to just lay her head on my shoulder today. I always wonder what is going thru their little minds when they do something out of the ordinary like that. She is my sweetie pie . . .

1 comment:

April L. said...

How adorable! That sounds like fun.