Monday, October 20, 2008

Bud

Our dog Bud has always enjoyed digging tissues out of the trash can when we're not around. He hasn't had the opportunity to do that in a while . . . but the other night I left a box of Kleenex on top of our ottoman. When I got up the next morning I found this in our living room:

The whole box had been chewed up and the kleenex's were all over the place. Emily and I got up and walked all around the room and I took pictures while Bud continued to sleep on his pallet completely unaware. I guess he was sleeping soundly since he had a belly full of paper!
This dog this dog . . . I love him . . . but lately he's been driving me crazy! He's costing us lots of money since he's old and has "issues" now, so when I see him walking around, all I see are big $ signs on his back. He's deaf . . . and he barks at crazy times. Two mornings this week he woke me up barking because he HAD to go outside right then. Help me. He also has very dry skin and scratches and licks ALL THE TIME (part of his issues of late). The vet talked us into switching his dog food to help with his skin . . . which of course is expensive food. Anyway, I'm just venting . . . which I thought I would never do over my beloved dog. I really do love him!

1 comment:

Baby Seals said...

Old dogs are such fun! Phoebe is 15 now. She stopped waking us up to go outside, she just goes in the floor. So, now she sleeps in the cage and the puppy (Penny) gets to sleep on the bed.