Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cards

If I had known that playing with a deck of cards was all it took to entertain Emily for a while, I would have pulled them out a long time ago : ) One of her favorite things to do is to dump all the cards on the ground and then sit there and put each one back into the box until they are all in. Then she asks me to help her pull them out again so she can start all over!!! While doing this she periodically looks up at me and says, "cards" with her lips puckered out . . . it's so funny.



Yesterday she stumped her toe and I asked her if she wanted me to kiss it. She said, "No, Bud kiss it." She walked down the hall and sat next to him on his pallet and kept putting her foot up to this mouth and saying, "Kiss, kiss". I guess Bud offers a special kind of comfort for stumped toes. She also has learned how to nod and say Yes. I asked her if she had fun playing with Colin and Julia at school the other day and she thought for a minute and then nodded and said, "Yes." She's been saying it more lately. For so long I just spoke to her to tell her what we were doing without knowing if she really understood me or not. But now I can tell that she comprehends what I'm saying to her. It's hard for me to imagine sometimes that this little person who has been my "baby" is starting to have two sided conversations with me . . . very cool.

2 comments:

Baby Seals said...

I remember when Talon was just a baby, Kimberly Smith telling me about having real conversation with Ella. I thought that was such a foreign concept. Then, you remember those feelings when your child asks about Heaven, dying, and "Just how did God get that baby in your tummy".

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.